Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10: Blocked Duct

I'll probably post more later, but Abby's getting her second round of flu shots today and I don't know if she'll be in a photogenic mood later on.

Her blocked tear duct is still a problem.  We went to the ophthalmologist a few weeks ago and they said they won't do anything surgical until she's a year old because 90% of cases clear up by then.  She showed me how to massage Abby's eye to try to unblock it, or at least squeeze out the tears so they don't gunk up, and she gave Abby a prescription for antibiotic eye drops to use when it gets really goopy.  I massage her eye after every diaper change, and some days it's pretty good.  Since I've been working the last few days, I don't think her eye is getting massaged as much as it does when I'm with her, so that might be why it's so gunky lately... hopefully it'll clear up again by tomorrow for her 7 month photos!!! (If not, there's always Photoshop!)

And look at those TWO teeth poking through!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment