Abby picked out a pack of Hello Kitty underpants when we were out shopping today (I have no idea what her fascination is with Hello Kitty, but we had store credit to Macy's and I let her pick out something she liked and she went right for the Hello Kitty shirt (see picture below), and today she squealed when she saw the Hello Kitty underwear. I told her she could only get them if she went potty, and she agreed. I figured she was just saying that to get what she wanted, but I'd call her bluff. So we got home, I put her underpants on, had her pull them down and she sat on the potty... and she peed within a minute!!! We were both so excited!!! She got to put a sticker on her potty chart, she got to call the "Potty Time" lady on the iPad, and she called her grandparents for some more encouragement.
The afternoon was a little rougher. A couple times she'd be coloring or watching TV and I'd be in the next room cleaning up and I'd hear "step, step, THUD... step, step, THUD" She'd peed on the floor and was trying to run to me to have me put her on the potty, but she stepped in her pee and fell onto the ground. I had to clean up wet footprints and puddles all over the house. I never thought I'd be so grateful for hardwood floors!!! By dinnertime, we'd gone through six of the seven pairs of underpants in the package, but by the 5th pair she actually came running into the room yelling "I have to go pee!" and she sat down on the potty and peed... right through her new underpants but still into the potty! I call that a success!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment