When Abby was first born, I received a welcome package from CJP (Combined Jewish Philanthropies) that included blankets, toys, books and gift cards. One of those gift cards was to a store called Magic Beans, which is down the street from my office. I love to browse in Magic Beans, but I never buy anything because most of their stuff is very overpriced. Since I had a gift certificate that I didn't want to let go to waste, I was able to go shopping there! I looked through all their baby products - they had some cute plates and cups, but where's the fun in that? So I let Abby look through the shelves of baby toys and I decided that the first toy she grabbed that was in the price range of the gift certificate, I'd get her (within reason - I wasn't going to buy her something she already had, or something I knew she'd never use). After grabbing a Pacimal (which she already has three of) and a box of Legos for ages 3+, she grabbed a pink remote controlled car. It's a soft foam car with no small parts and simple controls, and it was exactly the same price as what I had in the gift certificate! Perfect!
Abby still doesn't understand the connection between the controller and the car - she's just as happy to chew on the remote and push the car by hand! And the look on her face when she accidentally hit the button and the car moved forwards "on its own" was hilarious!



No comments:
Post a Comment